Did you know..?
58 percent of iPhones failed between April and June of 2016
What is Backup
Backup and specifically for devices such as phones refer to storage of files and folders in a different location either within the device, another device or online in cloud storage with ability to restore to the original device through a restoration or recovery process.Some backup just backup files and folders while others backup a snapshot of entire hard drive which allow bare metal recovery or bootable recovery in a new device.
Most Critical time to Backup is before an upgrade.
Its important to Back Up your Iphone before Upgrading to iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, or iOS 12
There are three popular backup solutions
- Cloudpap Iphone Backup (Acronis Trueimage)
ITunes and iCloud are owned by Apple, Cloudpap Iphone is an hybrid technology made from Acronis backup Technology and Cloudpap cloud storage technology.
Consider using an additional provider to the Apple’s iTunes and iCloud.
iCloud Iphone Backup
Allow cloud backup of data via WiFI connection, standard data stored in the iCloud include:
- Messages, App data, Photos and Videos, Phone Settings, Ringtones, activities and purchases on iTune stores.
Apple provides 5GB free of iCloud Storage per Apple ID. Additional storage space can be purchased for any Apple ID.
iCloud sync files between device and cloud storage and therefore a file deleted locally is also deleted on the cloud // see the difference of Backup and Sync (Cloudpap provides Backup and therefore a file deleted on the device can be recovered from the cloud )
Steps of backing up on iCloud:
- Get the device connected to a WiFi Network.
- Tap on Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud on the device. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings, then scroll down and tap iCloud.
- Scroll down, tap iCloud Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on
- Tap Back Up Now and stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes
- Make sure that the backup finished: Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage, then select the device — the backup should appear in the details with the time and backup size. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, your path is Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage.
iCloud Backup Automatic Settings:
- Turn on iCloud Backup in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup
- Connect the device to the charger
- Connect the device to Wi-Fi
- Make sure the device’s screen is locked
ITunes is where you buy apps, music, books e.t.c
iTunes can backup all photos, messages, call logs, app data, music, apps, books
How to backup on iTunes:
- Connect the device to the computer
- Open iTunes
- Complete the verification process that may require passcode or confirmation ‘Trust This Computer’.
- Select your device when it appear in iTunes.
Cloudpap Backup /Acronis True Image 2020
As highlighted above iCloud and iTunes as efficient as they are they have a limited scope, backs up only a select of apps and settings. Its important to install a third party app that backs up everything on your phone.
Go to Apple App Store
Search Acronis True Image
Download the App
Get your 100GB Cloud Storage from Cloudpap by Signing Up
With Cloudpap login credentials login on the Acronis True Image
Enjoy full Device Backup Service.
How to Backup Iphone using Acronis True Image 2020:
To install Acronis True Image 2020:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone
- Tap Search
- Type Acronis true image in the search field
- Select Acronis true image in the search results to go to the app page
- Follow the standard installation procedure
To back up your mobile data to Cloudpap using Acronis True Image:
- Start Acronis True Image
- Tap Backup
4. Tap Back up now
5. Allow Acronis True Image access to your personal data
When the backup is complete, your data is uploaded to secure Cloudpap Cloud Storage. If you want new data or files to be backed up automatically, make sure the continuous backup setting is turned on. If this setting is turned off, the new data is backed up only when you tap backup.
How to back up your Phone to a PC: (Using Acronis True Image)
- Connect the Phone and the computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the computer:
- Start Acronis True Image
- On the sidebar, click Devices, and then click Mobile device local backup
A QR code will be displayed. Please do not close this window.
- On your Phone:
- Start Acronis True Image
- Tap Back up to PC
- Tap I already have it, or follow the on-screen instructions to install Acronis True Image on your computer
- Tap Scan QR code, using your camera scan the QR code on the computer screen, and then wait until the Phone is connected to the computer
- Select the data categories that you want to back up
- Tap Start Backup
- Allow Acronis True Image to access your personal data
When the backup is complete, you can see information about this (and other) Phone backups from the backup list or the Online Dashboard.
You can also recover one or more items from the backup by selecting Access and Recover from the mobile app menu.
Why you need Acronis True Image for Phone Backup!
- Back Up to Anywhere – Cloud or Your PC or Mac
With Acronis True Image 2020 backup software, you can back up to Cloudpap (cloud storage provider), Acronis Cloud Storage or your PC. Using Cloudpap cloud storage allow back up your Phones any time you have an internet connection. You can access your data from any device via a simple web interface or from your Phones via a touch-enabled web portal.
- Have Multiple Phones?
Use one cloud account to backup all the family devices using Acronis True Image. A family or even office may have several phones, Ipads and tablets that can be protected by using Acronis True Image to backup on a PC or to the same Cloudpap cloud account irrespective of OS – Iphone and Android supported, manage them from same portal.
- Incremental Backup
By default Acronis True Image back up the updates on subsequent backups therefore saving space and time.
- Switching from IoS to Android
Do you need to migrate data from Android to IoS or Vice Versa or do you need to completely switch from Android to IoS or from IoS to Android Phone hassle free with zero loss of data – Acronis True Image can move you.
- Automated Backup Processes
Backup your data automatically whenever in range of a internet connection or authorized WiFi.
- Granular File Restoration/Restore a Single File
Just imagine you have accidentally deleted a single file. Acronis True Image allow restoration of a single file from cloud back o your Phone or Computer.
We highly recommend Acronis True Image. Get your Acronis Login Account + 100GB Cloud Storage here.