Cloudpap Backup Agent Functionality.Uncategorized by cloudpap editor Tags : Cloudpap Backup Agent Functionality.
Cloudpap Backup Agent Functionality.
- User activation and login:
The account of the end user is created via Acronis Management Console which may be alternatively called 3rd party provision tool and then the activation link sent to the users’ email.
- Acronis Installation:
Download and installation- the add button opens the list of all available installers with download links.
All agents for windows are by default Web installers. Full installer is available for both x32/x64.
Language is selected for installation wizard. Agent language is defined by OS settings.
A virtual machine is considered virtual both if it is backed up by an external agent (VMware, Hyper-V, Virtuozzo) and if the agent is installed in the guest system.
- Supported platform:
Windows; Windows 2003, XP SP2 and above, up to Windows 2012 R2 and Windows 10×86 and x64OS.
- Windows server 2019
Linux; Linux kernel 2.6.9 and glibc 2.3.4 or later, various x86 and x64 Linux distributions
Mac OS X: OS X Mavericks 10.9
OS X Yosemite 10.10
OS X El Capitan 10.11
OS X Sierra 10.12
OS X High Sierra 10.13
OS X Mojave 10.14
Smartphones and tablets running Android 4.1 or later
iphone, ipads, and ipods running iOS 8 or later
- Virtual Machines:
VMware ESX(i) 4.1 and above, up to 6.7
Microsoft Hyper-V on windows 2008(x64) and above, up to Windows 2012 R2, Windows 8, 8.1, 10(x64) with Hyper –V
Windows server 2016 with Hyper- V; Microsoft Hyper- V Server 2016
Virtuozzo 6.0.10, 6.0.12 (VMs and containers)
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and above, up to 2016
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and above, up to 2017
- System requirements
|Agent For||Disk Space Occupied by the Agent|
|VMware||700(150MB + 550MB Agent for Windows)|
|Hyper-V||600MB(50MB+ 550 MB Agent for Windows)|
|Exchange||750MB(200MB+550MB Agent for Windows)|
|SQL||600MB(50MB+550MB Agent for Windows)|
- Agent Registration
Once the Agent components are installed, it should be registered on the Backup Management Server in order to be managed through the Backup Management Console:
- Once the components are installed, the registration screen appears, click Register now
- Alternatively, once the registration screen appears, click show registration info, Copy Registration link and register code.
- Setup program automatically obtains the registration code
- The registration is valid for one hour
- After one hour it will be automatically renewed
- Open browser on any machine with Registration link, log in to Backup console, enter the registration code.
- Review the registration details, and then click confirm registration
Once registered, agent constantly syncs with the Backup Management Server to receive Backup Management Console settings and send statistics