Cloud Backup SoftwareTechnology by Jacob
Cloud backup is the replication and storage of a copy of data on a cloud server, which is done using various Cloud backup Software. This is done to guard against loss of data in case of hardware loss or damage, data corruption, cyber-attack or data storage for future retrieval.
There are several software that are used facilitate Cloud backup of data. Some of these include:
- Acronis data backup software
- Veeam Backup
- Iperius Backup
Factors to Consider when Choosing a Cloud Backup Software
What would inform the choice of the software to use for cloud backup services? The software available differ in terms of features and how they perform backup and restoration of data. The choice of one over the others would be informed by factors such as:
- The type of hardware in use
- Frequency of backup required
- Amount of data that is being backed up
- Compatibility with other software already in use
- Frequency of restoration that is anticipated.
- The type of data to be backed up.
- The mode of backup needed, such as cold or hot backup.
Best Principle for Choosing a Cloud backup Software
When choosing suitable Cloud backup software, the following principles should guide:
- Get a software that is compatible with all the hardware and file types that you are using.
- Consider the cost. Aim to achieve a reliable cloud backup at the lowest possible cost.
- Test the software by performing several backup and restorations. This will help to ensure that the software actually works.
- Find a software that is easy to use, especially when multiple users are involved. Backup should be easy and seamless. At best, it should be an automated process which happens in the background.
- Ensure that the Cloud storage you adopt is reliable and resilient. The best way is to have a software which allows you to choose the Cloud you are going to use for the backup.
- Ensure that there are multiple copies of the backup data. This is critical because even data on the cloud needs to be secured from device failure and other physical risks.